Wednesday, April 17, 2013


Okay so since the last outfit I posted was basically all thrifted I decided to give a few thrifting tips since some people have a hard time finding things when going to thrift stores. 

Make a day out of it
When I go on big extrvagent thrifting adventures I like to go to the biggest and best thrift stores because then I have a  better chance of finding more things. Also be prepared to go through lots and lots of clothes.  

No section is off limits
If you're a girl, don't just stick to the women's section. Look at the men's section too. You never know what you'll find. I am quite fond of the kid's section, since I am so small  and usually those clothes fit me very well. 

Dress appropriately
A lot of the thrift stores I go to don't have a dressing room so you have to try them on in the aisles. What I usually wear is a tank top with pants so I'm able to try on anything. Also sometimes it's hard to find a mirror so I go with my friends and you can take pictures of each other with the clothes on.

Get crafty
I often have to alter the clothes I thrift because I am short. Whenever I buy a thrifted dress I usually hem it because it will be way too long. If you don't know how to sew, find a friend who does or take it to a tailor. Also if you see a print you really enjoy but you're not too fond of the garment, you may be able to alter it and create something new. I usually take floral dresses and use the fabric to make bows. 

Keep it clean
Whenever you buy thrifted clothes, be sure to clean them very well. Especially if it's a bathing suit or lingerie.

It may take a few shopping trips to find things you actually like but you will get the hang out it. Be creative and happy thrifting!




Thrift Shop Ft. Wanz by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis on Grooveshark

1 comment: